UNIT STATUS: Welcome to the 3ASOG web presence. For post information please call: 254-287-1110. If you notice any Suspicious Activity report it to:   254-288-COPS.

Welcome to the 3ASOG web presence. For post information please call: 254-287-1110. If you notice any Suspicious Activity report it to:   254-288-COPS.


The names of your sponsor and supervisor are provided below. Their job is to provide you information, help solve problems, meet you when you arrive, and make it easier for you to in-process and get settled. Please contact them immediately and keep them advised of your plans and relocation needs.

Office Phone: (254) XXX-XXXX
Cell Phone: (XXX) XXX-XXXX
Email: Airman.Snuffy@mail.mil
Name: MSgt Supervisor Office Phone: (254) XXX-XXXX Cell Phone: (254) XXX-XXXX Email: Sergeant.Snuffy@mail.mil

House Hunting: AFI 36-3003 governs permissive TDY (PTDY) for house hunting. Generally, you have the option of either 10 days PTDY out and back, before you out-process your current duty station, or 8 days PTDY, after you arrive and sign-in with your flight chief. Your losing commander approves the first option and your gaining commander approves the latter. Procedures for the latter are as follows:

a. Arrive and sign-in at the unit with the CSS
b. Coordinate with your supervisor
c. Fill out an AF Form 988 requesting PTDY and forward it to your commander for approval.

Medical/Dental: Make sure your family is covered by TRICARE before you depart your current duty station. For life threatening emergencies—always go to the nearest hospital emergency room. Don’t forget to take your military ID and dependent TRICARE card. For non-emergency situations, follow normal authorized procedures (i.e., call 1-800-242-6788 for authorization).

One of the first things you will need to do when you arrive is to enroll your dependents in TRICARE. This can be done at the Soldier Service Center. AFI 41-101, Obtaining Alternative Medical and Dental Care, addresses acquiring medical and dental care in general terms. Since most recruiting offices are not within a reasonable distance from a Uniformed Services Medical Facility or Government Medical Facility, civilian medical and dental care is authorized for active duty Air Force personnel; dependent health care is provided by the cost-sharing plan under TRICARE. However, proper procedures in obtaining civilian care must be adhered to or an individual may be required to pay the entire medical bill.

Financial: Make sure you always have access to normal and emergency funds. Consider the benefits of having your check sent to a bank via direct deposit. If you currently have your paycheck sent to a bank or any other financial organization – DON’T STOP IT! One of the biggest benefits of direct deposit is the uninterrupted pay during a PCS move. Once you have arrived, you can "shop around" and then change banks; however, please note that after in-processing, Travel Pay will not be automatically updated with your new direct deposit or payroll account. Be sure to update Travel Pay as well as Military Pay with any changes. If you are paid any advances (travel or military pay), or if you receive a partial payment en route, be sure to get a copy of the paid voucher from the paying Finance Office. It is very important to have copies available during your in-processing.

Placeholder image Placeholder image Placeholder image