* Available only from within Fort Hood
- Service Description:
Ft Hood NEC provides support for the Microsoft Share Point Portal application. Share
Point Portal provides a single-source repository for document sharing and web application
data. Ft Hood NEC is the primary technical POC concerning the Share Point Portal
server, and server system administration.
- NEC Responsibilities:
- Install, configure, administer, and maintain Share Point Portal server.
- Establish initial administrator user accounts (or roles) for branch/section Share
Point Portal access.
- Provide link to Microsoft Share Point end user training on homepage of Share Point
- Ensure proper security authorizations have been granted to assigned administrator.
- Monitor and tune Share Point Portal and application
- Provide backup and recovery of database and application, and troubleshoot technical
problems with the server hardware/software.
- Monitor server database performance and server storage/space requirements.
- Maintain the availability of the server(s) to its users.
- Advise and assist users regarding access to the server(s).
- Implement physical security procedures.
- Customer Responsibilities:
- Train users that fall under the scope of your administration on the use of Share
- Review Share Point site at least every 90 days to ensure current content and validity.
- Ensure the proper security permissions are applied at the site, list and document
- Upon leaving this duty, ensure that the new Share Point administrator assigned
registers using this form.
- The newly assigned administrator is fully briefed and understands their responsibilities.
- Alert the NEC as soon as possible on issues or problems that arise.
- Administrator appointed will monitor Share Point Portal area assigned; maintain
security permissions, and upkeep data to provide up-to-date documents only.
- Administrator assigned will be the first line of help for the assigned users supported.
Provide transparent delivery, sustainment and defense of LandWarNet
capabilities across the Fort Hood AOR enabling unity of command and
synchronization of the Enterprise in support of full spectrum operations.
Recognized SME and single service provider for all C4IM services,
enabling information dominance across and through the Fort Hood AOR.
USEFUL IA LINKS