* Available only from within Fort Hood
SAN Storage Services
- Service Description:
Shared storage space is available to all Ft Hood units as a way of
providing additional storage space that does not take up the desktop
hard drive space and can be used as a way to save shared documents
and files into folders.
- NEC Responsibilities:
The Fort Hood NEC provides this service, called Shared Use
- The NEC provides the server hardware, software, hardware
maintenance, and operating system.
- The NEC will monitor and support these shared use servers.
The only planned outage of these servers in this service
offering is during scheduled maintenance, which is performed
within the window of 1900- 2100 CST on Thursdays.
- If any critical requirements force an immediate, unscheduled
downtime, the NEC staff will notify the NEC Help Desk so users
can query the Help desk if they experience issues or problems.
- These servers are maintained by the NEC to be fully
compliant with all DOD IA requirements.
- The NEC will provide all accreditations required
- The NEC upon request will restore data from disk or tape up
to 15 days prior.
- The NEC will provide the following automated reports to the
unit SA to help them manage their space:
ï¿½ Least Recently Accessed Files Report
ï¿½ Large Files Report
ï¿½ Quota Usage Report
ï¿½ Most Recently Accessed Files Report
ï¿½ Files by Owner Report
ï¿½ Files by File Group Report
ï¿½ Duplicate Files Report
ï¿½ File Screening Audit Report
Note: Due to the sensitivity of these reports, the NEC will only
send these reports to trusted unit personnel (System Administrators)
as these reports will show users data that only SAs currently have
The NEC will report any unauthorized files found to the IAPM.
- Service Level Metrics:
The NEC staff will keep this service unavailable for as short a
time as possible. In all cases, the goal is 98% availability during
the scheduled available times.
- Customer Responsibilities:
- Create appropriate active directory groups; apply active
directory groups to the appropriate shared folders, and
administer the active directory groups with the appropriate
individuals needing access to the folders. This action will
require the services of the unitï¿½s SA.
- Request for restores will be submitted to the NEC helpdesk
https://www.itsm.army.mil/. Please allow 1 business days
for the restore to be completed.
- Questions/Contact Information:
If you have any questions or would like to obtain this service,
please contact your IASO/SA or contact the CONUS SERVICE DESK (1-866-335-ARMY (2769)
Provide transparent delivery, sustainment and defense of LandWarNet
capabilities across the Fort Hood AOR enabling unity of command and
synchronization of the GNEC in support of full spectrum operations.
Recognized SME and single service provider for all C4IM services,
enabling information dominance across and through the Fort Hood AOR.
USEFUL IA LINKS