* Available only from within Fort Hood
- Service Description:
NETCOM provides email services for the CONUS Active Directory
Forest. Fort Hood NEC locally maintains and houses Microsoft
Exchange 2003 email servers for the sole purpose of providing email
service to authorized account holders on the Fort Hood
network. Service includes maintaining the email infrastructure and
troubleshooting issues to ensure email service is readily available
to all Fort Hood email account users.
Read the Ft Hood Email Policy
- NEC Responsibilities:
- Provide email services to include host support and account
- Provide 100MB mail storage per user.
- 24x7 operation (with 3 hours weekly scheduled for preventive
- Achieve email server availability of 99% (24x7), excluding
- Respond to requests for assistance regarding email or
services submitted via trouble ticket.
- Perform mail server Service Pack updates.
- Perform mail server Antivirus updates.
- Provide database and mailbox recoverability.
- Customer Responsibilities:
- Maintain own mailbox so as not to exceed mailbox limits.
This includes taking necessary actions to ensure mailbox does
not exceed limit while user is on extended leave or TDY.
- Submit trouble tickets either online or via phone call to
helpdesk regarding issues or problems as they arise.
- Adhere to all email policies and procedures, to include
those published by Fort Hood in addition to AR 25-1 and AR 25-2.
- Alert NEC immediately when a user departs or changes duty
station in order to remove any e-mail referencing the user
- Utilize Government e-mail and all it's components for
official business only.
- Utilize ONLY Government email services for official
business. Use of commercial email for official Government
business is prohibited by AR 25-1 and AR 25-2
- Questions/Contact Information:
- If you have any questions, please contact your IASO. If you
do not know your IASO or your organization does not have an IASO
assigned, please contact the NEC Help Desk at
Provide transparent delivery, sustainment and defense of LandWarNet
capabilities across the Fort Hood AOR enabling unity of command and
synchronization of the Enterprise in support of full spectrum operations.
Recognized SME and single service provider for all C4IM services,
enabling information dominance across and through the Fort Hood AOR.
USEFUL IA LINKS