* Available only from within Fort Hood
- Service Description:
NETCOM provides email services for the CONUS Active Directory Forest.
Fort Hood NEC locally maintains and houses Microsoft Exchange 2003 email
servers for the sole purpose of providing email service to authorized account holders
on the Fort Hood network. Service includes maintaining the email infrastructure
and troubleshooting issues to ensure email service is readily available
to all Fort Hood email account users.
Read the Ft Hood Email Policy - 21 July 2008
- NEC Responsibilities:
- Provide email services to include host support and account management.
- Provide 100MB mail storage per user.
- 24x7 operation (with 3 hours weekly scheduled for preventive maintenance).
- Achieve email server availability of 99% (24x7), excluding scheduled maintenance.
- Respond to requests for assistance regarding email or services submitted
via trouble ticket.
- Perform mail server Service Pack updates.
- Perform mail server Antivirus updates.
- Provide database and mailbox recoverability.
- Customer Responsibilities:
- Maintain own mailbox so as not to exceed mailbox limits. This includes taking
necessary actions to ensure mailbox does not exceed limit while user is on extended
leave or TDY.
- Submit trouble tickets either online or via phone call to helpdesk regarding
issues or problems as they arise.
- Adhere to all email policies and procedures, to include those published by
Fort Hood in addition to AR 25-1 and AR 25-2.
- Alert NEC immediately when a user departs or changes duty station in order
to remove any e-mail referencing the user account.
- Utilize Government e-mail and all it's components for official business only.
- Utilize ONLY Government email services for official business. Use of commercial
email for official Government business is prohibited by AR 25-1 and AR 25-2
- Questions/Contact Information:
- If you have any questions, please contact your IASO. If you do not know your IASO or
your organization does not have an IASO assigned, please contact the NEC Help Desk
Provide transparent delivery, sustainment and defense of LandWarNet
capabilities across the Fort Hood AOR enabling unity of command and
synchronization of the GNEC in support of full spectrum operations.
Recognized SME and single service provider for all C4IM services,
enabling information dominance across and through the Fort Hood AOR.
USEFUL IA LINKS