The NEC is required to review and approve all IT hardware
and software purchases on the installation. Requests that exceed
the $3K threshold must be submitted as a Purchase Request (PR)
in the Acquiline system supported by the Directorate of
Contracting, and must be routed through the "NEC IT" group for
approval. The approval process ensures that the requested items
fit the installation architecture, that there is a valid
justification, and that the equipment will be used for
authorized government functions.
PC purchases are required to be made through the
Hardware, Enterprise Software and Solutions (CHESS) Consolidated
Buy (CB) process.
Organizations with requirements for computer configurations not
found within the CB may request an exception to policy.
Requests to purchase software, servers, and systems
(specific use hardware/software/peripheral combinations) for
local use are required to have approval of the Configuration
Control Board (CCB). Please contact the CONUS SERVICE DESK at 1-866-335-ARMY (2769).
- To review Purchase Requests within 48 hours of submission.
- To provide timely feedback to the customer of the status of any
- To submit requests for non-standard purchases to the CCB.
- Adhere to current purchasing guidelines posted at the
Hardware, Enterprise Software and Solutions (CHESS) website.
- Attach all relevant documentation to PRs submitted via Acquiline
(e.g. approval letters, waivers, specifications, etc.).
- For purchases requests exceeding $25K, provide an Army Goal 1 Waiver
Approval to the PR in Acquiline.
- For requests to purchase PCs and Notebooks outside of the
Consolidated Buy, provide a memo signed by an O6 or equivalent.
- For non-standard purchases, obtain approval from the NEC
Configuration Control Board (CCB) before submitting PR.
Questions and Contact Information
Please contact the ARMY ENTERPRISE SERVICE DESK at 1-866-335-ARMY (2769) for more