The image center is responsible for applying the approved Fort Hood version of
the Army Gold Master Operating System (OS) and standard software (e.g. PureEdge
forms, MS Office, and Adobe Acrobat Reader) to desktop computer systems on the
Fort Hood network. Imaging service is available by appointment only, for up to
20 computers per unit, per day. Required services that exceed this threshold can
be scheduled on a case-by-case basis. Unit Information Assurance Security
Officers(IASO) and System Administrators (SA) on appointment orders are the only
persons authorized to schedule imaging appointments. For further information,
please contact the ARMY ENTERPRISE SERVICE DESK (1-866-335-ARMY (2769).
- Provide imaging services within 24 hours of drop-off.
- Schedule only for the actual number of computers that will be dropped off,
and please be on time.
- Provide any external power supplies with the equipment at drop-off time.
- Do not use imaging to "clean" computers of old profiles or user-specific
- Image only computers that meet the minimum hardware standard for the load.
The NEC cannot provide upgrade parts (e.g. RAM, Hard Drives) to bring the
computer up to current hardware standards.
- Pick up computers as quickly as possible from the image center.
Please contact the ARMY ENTERPRISE SERVICE DESK (1-866-335-ARMY (2769) for further information.