* Available only from within Fort Hood
- Service Description:
Fort Hood NEC provides access to official cellular services to
users within the Garrison Command and to designated Fort Hood units.
Cellular Services include voice and data services for cellular
telephones, air cards, and blackberries.
- NEC Responsibilities:
- The NEC no longer processes the wireless requirements for the Units; Units are responsible for
submitting their requirements directly to NETCOM G3/4 (Army Telecommunications Division).
The NETCOM G3/4 POC is Ms. Kerry B. Massey, 520-538-7904,
- Units should have an appointed/designated Wireless Telephone Control
Officer (WTCO) that has attended the WTCO training through the MICC. The WTCO
no longer submits requirements to NEC, they will submit their cell/wireless
requirement directly to NETCOM G3/4 using the below Wireless Expense
Management (WEM) Portal and BPA links:
Wireless Expense Management (WEM) Portal
- III Corps MSCs, Corps Staff, Separates, and Tenant Units:
- Provide a designated TCO to manage the services requested by
the user element / group. Appointment order must be on file with
the NEC and CCMD. See contact information in para 5.
- Unit TCO must prepare and submit a request for quote
detailing their requirements to NEC. TCO must submit the quote
request to the CONUS SERVICE DESK (1-866-335-ARMY (2769).
- Submit NETCOM's quote attached to the Aquiline Purchase
Request to the DOC's Contracting Officer to place the order
under the ITEC4-W BPA.
- Oversee individual users' activity to ensure official
services are used IAW regulation and local guidance.
- Order One (1) Army Approved CAC Sled per device from CDW
Government. The BPA supporting discounted CAC Sled purchases
through CDW Government can be viewed at
- MIPR funding to NEC to support the purchase of one (1)
BlackBerry Client Access License (CAL) per device ($80) and
the cost associated with providing Client Server-side
Support Cost (FY10 Fee-$35/yr). The BlackBerry Client Access
License (CAL) is a one-time purchase per device. The Client
Server-side support is an annual fee.
- United States Army Garrison (USAG):
- Prepare and submit for approval a justification memorandum
through the respective Director to the Deputy Garrison Commander
(DGC). The request must include justification for the device,
user name, and the inclusive cost per FY. Once the DGC's
approval is obtained, attached and forward the approval
memorandum using NEC's Service Request/Incident Management
System (RS/IMS) system available at https://www.itsm.army.mil/.
- Once approved NEC will issue a device if one is available or
order the additional device on the next call order. Call order
are done annually and cannot be modified.
- Questions/Contact Information:
- Please call the CONUS SERVICE DESK (1-866-335-ARMY (2769)
Provide transparent delivery, sustainment and defense of LandWarNet
capabilities across the Fort Hood AOR enabling unity of command and
synchronization of the Enterprise in support of full spectrum operations.
Recognized SME and single service provider for all C4IM services,
enabling information dominance across and through the Fort Hood AOR.
USEFUL IA LINKS