Welcome to the 13th Sustainment Command (Expenditionary) web presence. For post information please call: 254-287-1110. If you notice any Suspicious Activity report it to: 254-288-COPS.
The original club was started here at Fort
Hood early in 1986. There were several key
people at Fort Hood - officer, enlisted, civil
service, and a Killeen civilian - who were
instrumental in getting this club up and
Leading the effort was Lieutenant General
Crosbie Saint, then the III Corps commander; his
Command Sergeant Major George L. Horvath; III
Corps Awards Clerk Jean Crisp, who is now Test
and Experimentation Command (TEXCOM) awards
clerk, and Don Moore, a Killeen artist who
assisted with designing the logo and club
awards. In 1991, then III Corps Commander
Lieutenant General Pete Taylor and Command
Sergeant Major Richard B. Cayton expanded the
Fort Hood installation club to include all of
III Corps. This included Fort Riley, Kansas;
Fort Sill, Oklahoma; Fort Bliss, Texas; Fort
Polk, Louisiana; and Fort Carson, Colorado.
In 1993, CSM Cayton was voted into the
Sergeant Audie Murphy Club by the membership and
then became the Forces Command Sergeant Major.
Soon thereafter, the club became Forces-Command
(FORSCOM) wide, including the Reserves and
In 1994 at a Sergeant Major of the Army
conference, the Sergeant Audie Murphy Club
spread Army-wide, to all commands with
installations retaining the selection process
for their own NCOs. In 1998, it was estimated
that the club membership was over 3000 soldiers
and was steadilly increasing.