- The mission of the Directorate of Human Resources is to maintain the readiness and resiliency of Soldiers,
Families and surrounding communities by developing, coordinating and delivering world-class military personnel
services, continuing education, administrative and substance abuse treatment and prevention services as well
as provide for the development and training of the civilian workforce.
- In addition, serves as a consultant to the Garrison Commander and staff, providing authoritative analysis
and advice on all matters pertaining to military and civilian personnel.
- Oversee military personnel management programs in support of unit readiness including PSDR level support for
applicable units, in and out processing, ID cards, separations, reassignment/family travel processing, retirement
services, casualty/mortuary affairs, HR automation management, SRP, mobilization and demobilization operations,
awards, congressional inquiries, and reception operations.
- Provide reliable and responsive document management services IAW statutory
requirements to the installation and activities located in Fort Hood's geographical area for printing, publications
and records management disciplines.
- Eliminate the substance abuse threat to readiness and enhance the quality of life for members of the command
through prevention, awareness, education, early identification and rehabilitation of military, DA civilians and
their Family members.
- Delivers quality educational programs and services that enhance personal growth, professional development,
and operational readiness, as well as provides statutory Department of Army and Veterans Administration benefits
information and guidance to separating and retiring Soldiers and Family Members.
- Provides statutory military and Veterans Administration benefits information, and quality transition assistance
and job search assistance to separating and retiring Soldiers and family members.
- Oversees a structured resident and nonresident Civilian Leadership Development Program fully supported by the
command for supervisors, team leaders and employees; manages the Orientation for New Employees Program (ONE) and
Garrison Employee Wellness and Civilian Fitness Program.
- Oversees the installation Sponsorship Program responsible for facilitating contact between in-bound Soldiers
and their Families, and the gaining unit.