- DD Form 214 briefing:
- ETS, chapter, and medical separations will report to the Transition Center on your separation date, or the
workday before the start of your terminal leave or permissive TDY. The DD Form 214 briefing is held daily at
0715, Monday thru Friday (except Federal and Training Holidays.)
- Officer, Medical Retirement and Retirement are provided a one-on-one briefing with the Transition Technician
at their scheduled appointment.
- You must report on Friday if your transition date or start of leave begins on the weekend or Monday.
- If Friday and/or Monday are a holiday, report on Thursday to receive your DD 214, if your transition date is during
- The DD Form 214 briefing can take several hours based on corrections and number of Soldiers separating.
- *Note: You MUST be in uniform to clear, or have a memorandum signed by the
authorizing you to clear in any other uniform. Soldiers separating under Chapter 8 and 10 can be in civilian attire
with appropriate documentation.
- Prior to reporting for the final Transition Briefing, ensure you have:
- Finance stamp on the Installation Clearance papers.
- Installation Central Clearance Stamp (Green Stamp) Bldg 18010 (Rm A309.)
- Other Instructions:
- Do NOT make any plans, appointments or transportation arrangements during your scheduled appointment
time. NO CHILDREN are allowed during the 0715 brief or the scheduled appointment.
- Bring your Installation Central Clearance Papers, DA Form 31, DD Form 93, and SGLI to the Transition Center
for the briefing or at your Final Out appointment.
- Bring your personal copies of awards, military school certificates, DA Form 4187s for Lost
Time, promotion orders/4187, Article 15s, overseas reassignment orders, and all other documents you may need
to update your DD Form 214.
- If you signed a contract with the National Guard or Reserves, please ensure you have an extra copy of the
contract with you.
- Personnel that have been deployed will bring a memorandum signed by the Company Commander stating the location and
the exact dates you were deployed, if the ERB/ORB is not updated.
- Transition orders must be correct prior to processing at the Transition Center. Please check each item to ensure
that all information is correct: Name, SSN, Rank, Current Unit of Assignment, and Reporting Date to the Transition Center,
Discharge or Release Date, Place Entered Active Duty (PLEAD), and Home of Record (HOR.) Report any errors immediately to
the issuing agency.
- Bring a Black Pen and your CAC card to speed up and assist us with your processing. You must
know your CAC's PIN as you will be digitally signing your DD Form 214.