DPW provides pest control services to protect and
preserve the well-being of our installation’s personnel
and residents, facilities, and natural resources from
harm by all types of pests, including insects, animals,
This pest management program provides safe and effect
pest management practices that are compliant with all
Federal laws and DOD requirements. This program promotes
the implementation of Integrated Pest Management
practices with reduced pesticide use.
Services include pest education, on site pest
surveillance and assistance visits, and pest control
Experts on Insects and Nuisance Wildlife are available in Natural
Resource Branch of DPW/ENV to provide:
Contact #s 287-2885 (Natural Resource Office) or
- Information and advisement on pest problems.
- Site survey visits upon request to access or provide assistance
with pest problems.
- Coordination with CRDAMC Preventive Medicine on all known public
health and parasitic pest problems.
- Pest Assessment on DPW Service Requests for pest control.
- Training on Integrated Pest Management and Self-Help Pest
The DPW Work Reception at 287-2113 answers calls and takes requests
for pest control 24 hours a day.
DPW HAZMART provides non-chemical and low chemical Self-Help
products to facilitate in the control of nuisance
pests in the installation facilities.
- Call immediately if a vertebrate animal is inside a building,
i.e. bat, skunk, snake.
- Call immediately if a bee or yellow jacket nest is detected
close to a work or living site.
- Call 911 immediately if there is a mass
stinging incident or animal bite or injury. Do not waste
valuable time calling the Work Desk. The Emergency Service personnel
are trained and equipped to rescue the injured and address the need
for pest control at the appropriate time.
- Other requests may be called in during regular duty hours.
- Please state the observed problem and not the treatment. Ie
“Cockroaches seen in break room” or “Gnats throughout building”. Not
“Spray building for ants”. An on-site pest survey will be done on
all non-emergency service requests to validate the report and
determine the extent of the problem and the actions needed for
- Facility occupants will be required to implement all applicable
sanitation practices and mechanical controls.
Location: 4406 Engineer Drive. Phone 287-2695, 532-9861, 532-9863
Technical support is provided for the Self Help pest program
and sample supplies are being used and given out by
DPW Entomology personnel for training in Self-Help
resolutions. See above section, Entomologist Natural
Resource Branch. Contact #s; 288-5030 (Entomologist) or
287-2885 (Natural Resource Office).
Common pests that can usually be controlled by
implementing good sanitation practices and self-help
Those in and around buildings:
Pest problems that are not resolved by any Self-Help
||Flies and Gnats
||Fire Ant mounds near structures
- Vertebrate animals inside or under a building, i.e. bats,
skunks, snakes, birds.
- Human parasitic pests (bed bugs, mites, fleas, and ticks).
- Termites and other Wood Destroying Insects.
- Large scale rodent or cockroach infestation.
- Area wide fire ants.
- Mosquito breeding sites.
- Specialized vegetation control.