Fort Hood Recycling Mission:
The Recycle Program reduces the amount of materials sent
to the landfill, generates funds through the sale of
materials, and supports environmental stewardship at
LOCATION: South end of 72nd Street next to Rail Head Drive, south of
Santa Fe. The business office is located at building 4626 and the recycle
processing center is located at building 4621.
Other Recycle Services
- It’s good for you
- It’s good for Fort Hood
- It’s good for the environment
Recycling through Firestone
- Aluminum Can Buy Back Program
- Fort Hood Recycle will pay you for your aluminum cans. The price
changes monthly so call 287-2336 for a current price.
- This is an excellent way for Fort Hood Units to generate funds.
- Certified Scale Operations (DITY Moves)
- Certified scales located at the recycle center are available to
soldiers that are doing DITY moves.
- There will be a $5 charge for this service.
- Scales are open from 0730 to 1630, closed for lunch from 1130 to
- Bulk Pick-up Service
- Shredder Service
- Both sensitive and non-sensitive documents.
The Recycle center's shredder is industrial capacity and can
very quickly shred all of your unwanted documents. No one
will ever read your information.
For sensitive document shredding, please contact Mr. Hector
Nunez at 535-8569.
The Recycle Center accepts the following:
- For more information about the Fort Hood Recycle Program please call
287-2336 or come by the recycle center.
- For information about 'Brown Containers' on Fort Hood, please contact
Inland Services at 532-2256
Guide to Recycling (PDF)
- Paper (all colors) and Newspaper
- 1-7 Plastics and Bottles
- Wire and Cable (we accept Concertina Wire)
- Telephone and Coloring Books
- Toner Cartridges
- Plastic and Wood Pallets (unbroken)
- #6 EPS Styrofoam (#6 EPS Peanuts are OK)
- Aluminum and Tin Cans
- Athletic Shoes
- Window Blinds (PVC and metal)
- Plastic Toys
- LDPE Stretch Wrap, Bubble Wrap, and Clear Film
- Shopping Bags
- Coat Hangers (plastic and metal)
- And much more! Please call if you have questions.