Directorate of Public Works


...Customers First

DPW Logo
Contact Us                         This information system is approved for UNCLASSIFIED//FOUO data

Family Housing Assignment Policies

  • When Soldier/spouse is contacted by RCI Private Partner that on-post housing is available for assignment, certain documents may be required:
    • Current LES
    • Special Power of Attorney
    • Cleared Rent Deposit Waiver (if you participated in the program)
    Additionally, the following options are available:
    • Make an appointment to sign for on-post housing.
    • Request to be put on administrative/lease hold if quarters cannot be accepted at that time.
    • Decline quarters and remove name from the waiting list.
  • When Soldier elects option to make an appointment to sign for on-post housing, procedures will be as follows:
    • Make an appointment with the RCI Private Partner to meet with a RCI Private Partner representative at the unit.
      • The representative will note any damages or deficiencies.
      • Soldier/spouse will either accept or decline quarters.
      • If Soldier/spouse decides to accept the unit, a housing agreement must be signed which initiates an allotment for rental payment for the amount of the Soldier's BAH.
      • Soldier/spouse will return to the perspective village, to pick up assignment orders. Effective date of orders will be the day quarters are signed for.
      • After receipt of assignment orders, Soldier/spouse may proceed to the Transportation Office (Building 18010) to arrange for delivery of household goods.
      • If the unit is not large enough to accommodate household goods, a request for non-temp storage may be submitted within 30 days of signing for on-post housing.
  • When Soldier/spouse is unable to accept on-post housing (TDY, leave, hospitalization) he/she may be placed on administrative hold, not to exceed 6 months. Soldiers under a lease obligation, may request to be put on lease hold status for up to 1 year with presentation of a valid lease. Soldier must notify RCI Private Partner when ready to occupy on-post housing. A spouse may sign for on-post housing in the absence of the Soldier with a Special Power of Attorney.
  • Soldiers with rental deposit waivers dated after 14 Nov 99 , must fulfill the lease term agreement before being assigned on-post housing.
  • Soldiers may voluntarily request removal from the waiting list at anytime. Should they later decide to reapply for on-post housing, eligibility date will be the date the new application is completed. Therefore, Soldiers are encouraged to remain on the waiting list until housing are offered.
  • Additional or specific questions may be answered by calling (254) 287-4212 or (254) 287-3704.
WARNING This is a Department of Defense (DoD) interest computer system. All DoD computer systems are subject to monitoring at all times to ensure proper functioning of including security devices, to prevent unauthorized use and violations of statutes and security regulations, to deter criminal activity, and for other similar purposes. If monitoring of this or any other DoD computer system reveals possible evidence of violation of criminal statutes, this evidence and any other related information, including identification information about the user may be provided to law enforcement officials.