Directorate of Public Works


...Customers First

DPW Logo
Contact Us                         This information system is approved for UNCLASSIFIED//FOUO data

Applying for On Post Housing

The Military Home Link is available for soldiers to complete the On-Post Housing Application. Please click here to apply for on post housing. Once the application has been submitted and verified you will be contacted by a representative from Fort Hood Family Housing (254)287-4212.

Click here to apply for on post housing


  • Soldiers of all ranks with a family housing requirement may apply for on-post housing.
  • Spouses with a valid ID card and Power of Attorney (POA) may apply for on-post housing in the absence of sponsor as long as they provide all required documentation (see "What" below).
  • Soldiers that acquire family members after their arrival to Fort Hood are eligible to apply for on-post housing.
  • Single pregnant Soldiers are eligible to apply. A pregnancy statement containing the estimated date of confinement must be provided. Female Soldier Readiness Guide.
  • Click here for more information on Family Housing Assignment Policies.


The following documents are required for application for on-post housing:
  • DA Form 31, Application for Leave. (Applies to Army Soldiers only.) Not required if Soldier has been signed in to the installation for over 30 days.
  • PCS or MEPS orders assigning Soldier to Fort Hood. DD 4-1 (Enlistment Contract) for prior service reenlistee. (Not required if Soldier has been signed in to the installation over 30 days.
  • Marriage certificate (or DD 93).
  • Birth certificates for dependent children residing with sponsor (or DD 93).
  • Legal custody papers (when applicable, signed by Judge.)
  • Soldiers returning from a hardship unaccompanied tour need DA 2-1 (Enlisted), ORB (Officer) or DA 31 (applies to Army Soldiers only) from last permanent duty station prior to going overseas.
  • Pregnancy statement signed by physician (or profile w/due date) when applicable.


  • Soldiers must apply for on-post housing within 30 days of signing in to the installation to receive an eligibility date of "date departed last duty station".
  • Eligibility date for applications received after 30 days of signing in to the installation will be the "date of application".
  • Application may be made while on leave; however, Soldier must be signed in to Fort Hood to occupy on-post housing.
  • If the Soldier's status changes due to pregnancy, then a pregnancy statement containing the estimated date of confinement must be provided. The same is true for Soldiers wishing to increase their bedroom requirement due to pregnancy.
  • Applications are taken on a walk-in basis Monday through Friday 0730-1600.


  • Soldiers are placed on the waiting list for on-post housing based on their rank and bedroom requirement
  • Soldiers are responsible to keep the Housing Office informed of changes in eligibility status, unit, duty and home phone numbers, and off-post address as they occur.


  • Keep your information current by logging in here, visiting the housing office or by calling (254) 287-4212
  • If the Soldier�s records are not current (duty/home number, unit, family status) and RCI Private Partner is unable to locate Soldier ,the Soldier will be bypassed for on-post housing
  • The Soldier will be dropped from the waiting list 30 days after RCI Private Partner tried to locate them when quarters were available
  • Contact our office at (254) 287-4212 for more information
WARNING This is a Department of Defense (DoD) interest computer system. All DoD computer systems are subject to monitoring at all times to ensure proper functioning of including security devices, to prevent unauthorized use and violations of statutes and security regulations, to deter criminal activity, and for other similar purposes. If monitoring of this or any other DoD computer system reveals possible evidence of violation of criminal statutes, this evidence and any other related information, including identification information about the user may be provided to law enforcement officials.