Applying for On Post Housing
The Military Home Link is available for soldiers to complete the
On-Post Housing Application. Please click here to apply for on post housing. Once the
application has been submitted and verified you will be contacted by a
representative from Fort Hood Family Housing (254)287-4212.
Click here to apply for on post housing
The following documents are required for application for
- Soldiers of all ranks with a family housing requirement may apply
for on-post housing.
- Spouses with a valid ID card and Power of Attorney (POA) may apply
for on-post housing in the absence of sponsor as long as they provide
all required documentation (see "What" below).
- Soldiers that acquire family members after their arrival to Fort
Hood are eligible to apply for on-post housing.
- Single pregnant Soldiers are eligible to apply. A pregnancy
statement containing the estimated date of confinement must be provided.
Female Soldier Readiness Guide.
- Click here for more
information on Family Housing Assignment Policies.
- DA Form 31, Application for Leave. (Applies to Army Soldiers only.) Not
required if Soldier has been signed in to the installation for over 30 days.
- PCS or MEPS orders assigning Soldier to Fort Hood. DD 4-1 (Enlistment
Contract) for prior service reenlistee. (Not required if Soldier has been
signed in to the installation over 30 days.
- Marriage certificate (or DD 93).
- Birth certificates for dependent children residing with sponsor (or DD
- Legal custody papers (when applicable, signed by Judge.)
- Soldiers returning from a hardship unaccompanied tour need DA 2-1
(Enlisted), ORB (Officer) or DA 31 (applies to Army Soldiers only) from last
permanent duty station prior to going overseas.
- Pregnancy statement signed by physician (or profile w/due date) when
- Soldiers must apply for on-post housing within 30 days of signing in to
the installation to receive an eligibility date of "date departed last duty
- Eligibility date for applications received after 30 days of signing in
to the installation will be the "date of application".
- Application may be made while on leave; however, Soldier must be signed
in to Fort Hood to occupy on-post housing.
- If the Soldier's status changes due to pregnancy, then a pregnancy
statement containing the estimated date of confinement must be provided. The
same is true for Soldiers wishing to increase their bedroom requirement due
- Applications are taken on a walk-in basis Monday through Friday
- Soldiers are placed on the waiting list for on-post housing based on
their rank and
- Soldiers are responsible to keep the Housing Office informed of changes
in eligibility status, unit, duty and home phone numbers, and off-post
address as they occur.
- Keep your information current by logging in here, visiting the housing office or by
calling (254) 287-4212
- If the Soldierï¿½s records are not current (duty/home number, unit, family
status) and RCI Private Partner is unable to locate Soldier ,the Soldier
will be bypassed for on-post housing
- The Soldier will be dropped from the waiting
list 30 days after RCI Private Partner tried to locate them when
quarters were available
- Contact our office at (254) 287-4212 for more information