|Educational Services Division
Soldier Development Center
761st Tank Bn. Ave., Bldg 33009
|Battle Command Training Branch
Battle Simulation Center
65th Street & Warehouse Ave., Bldg 4501
School Liason Officers (SLO)
School Liaison Officers (SLO) have strong education backgrounds and are knowledgeable about school-related issues on the installation and in local school districts.
- Serves as the primary advisor to the Commander on matters relating to schools and school support services
- Builds relationships and facilitates communication among the Command, Army Families and the local school community
- Coordinates School Support Services at the installation
- Informs and assists parents with school transition and deployment challenges
- Establishes school and community partnerships
- Facilitates access to home-school resources for parents
- Provides information about college and other post-secondary opportunities and preparation materials
For assistance, please call or visit your Fort Hood SLOs!
Child, Youth & School Services
School Liaison Office
Rivers Bldg. 121, Room 147
Fort Hood, Texas 76544
Killeen Independent School District (KISD) operates the schools located on the installation.
There are 7 Elementary Schools and 2 Middle Schools located on post. There are no high schools located on post, students living on
post are zoned for Killeen High School or Shoemaker High School.
Elementary Schools for Fort Hood children who live on post are:
Full-day pre-kindergarten 3 year old and 4 year old classes are available in KISD. Student must be three or four years old on or before Sept. 1
of the current school year to enter the respective pre-kindergarten program. The 3 year old pre-kindergarten program is only available for Families living on post.
The pre-kindergarten 4 year old program is available for Families living either on or off post. School attendance zones are determined on Families home address.
A child entering kindergarten must be five years or older on Sept. 1 of the school year. Those entering first grade must be six years old the same date.
Middle Schools for Fort Hood children are:
High Schools for Fort Hood children are:
Parents needing specific information on school enrollment can contact the KISD Administration Office, located at 200 N. W.S. Young Drive in Killeen, 336-0000.
For information on Special Education services, contact KISD Special Education Department located at 902 N 10th Street in Killeen, 336-0366