Microsoft Systems and Software Academy (MSSA)
This is a 16-week training program that results in a guaranteed interview with Microsoft or its corporate partners. Soldiers will be trained in Microsoft software testing, development, database fundamentals, SQL Server, Lifecycle Management, web applications, as well other functional duties associated with a career at Microsoft.
MSSA is designed for Active-Duty Service-Members who will be transitioning from Military Service within 180 days of starting the program. This is a fulltime training program, with class being conducted during the duty day at the Fort Hood Central Texas College Campus.
Training is conducted Monday thru Friday, 0730 – 1630. Soldiers wear civilian attire, but are expected to maintain Army standards.
Upon successful completion of the training program, graduates are flown to Redmond, WA to participate in interviews with Microsoft. If selected, the Soldier will be expected to relocate to Washington state for this career opportunity. If selected for placement with one of the corporate partners, the Soldier will be expected to relocate to that locale.
The MSSA program allows Soldiers make a smooth transition to a lucrative career that pays a starting salary of approximately $60,000 per year.
· Be on Active Duty with a Separation/Retirement date after end date of class
· Secure Command authorization (MOA) to participate (first field grade commander)
· Provide a copy of the service record/Army Enlisted Record Brief (ERB)
· Provide a Resume
· Receive a Fully Honorable status
· Have a high school diploma or GED
· High school algebra or Compass Placement Test Score of 31+
· ASVAB MM 100 or higher/GT 100 or higher desired (Army)
· Mechanical score of 40+; Electrical score of 28+ (Air Force)
· Strong math skills
· Computer Skills
· Experience or interest in software or application development
|MSSA Information Paper for printing|
|Last Updated: Thursday, June 12, 2014 03:15 PM|