The United Association’s of Veterans in Piping (UA VIP) Welding Program
This is an 18-week training program that results in guaranteed placement as a Journey-person in UA’s five-year paid apprenticeship program. Soldiers will be trained in contemporary welding and steam-pipe fitting techniques.
VIP is designed for Active-Duty Service-Members who will be transitioning from Military Service within 180 days of starting the program. This is a fulltime training program, with class being conducted during the duty day at the SDC annex (TAMU-CT North Campus).
Training is conducted Tuesday thru Friday, 0730 – 1630. Soldiers wear civilian attire, but are expected to maintain Army standards.
Upon successful completion of the training program, graduates are placed in a 5-year paid UA apprenticeship program at one of over 300 locations nationwide. Participating Soldiers are given an opportunity to specify there top three locations, and the UA will attempt to place the graduates at one of their dream-sheet locations.
The VIP program allows Soldiers make a smooth transition to a lucrative career that pays $40+ per hour.
· Service Member must have at least 30 days remaining on active duty after the course end date. Terminal leave will be reviewed during the application process
· Secure Command authorization (MOA) to participate (first field grade commander)
· Provide a copy of Army Enlisted Record Brief (ERB)
· Receive a Fully Honorable
· Have a high school diploma or GED
· Have correctable vision to 20/20
· ASVAB Scores: MM 95 or higher/GT 90 or higher (Army only – May possibly be waived)
· Good math skills, Construction experience, Welding experience, College degree or credits, and Resume
Below are links to the UA VIP Program Checklist/Application and the example MFR for you to use.
UA VIP Checklist/Application
UA VIP MFR example for your use
UA VIP Information Paper for printing
VIP Briefing Schedule
|Last Updated: Thursday, March 12, 2015 04:46 PM|