Weather Watch, potential for Tornado is forecasted for Fort Hood Reservation, Valid from 29 Apr 1313-2200 hours. Weather Watch 04-048, Potential for severe thunderstorms with damaging winds greater than or equal to 52 miles per hour along with damaging hail greater or equal to one half inch, Valid from 1300-2200. Weather Watch 04-050, Potential for lightning is forecast to occur with 6 miles of the Fort Hood Reservation. Valid from 29 April 1329-1900 hours.
OUTBOUND PERSONAL PROPERTY FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
We get a lot of questions concerning the movement process. To better understand this process we've provided a list of frequently asked questions with their answers.
1. Can I make an appointment over the phone to move my Household Goods (HHG's) via Government or DITY (Do It Yourself)?
Government: No. You must attend if you are E-5 & Below in person a Transportation Personal Property Briefing; If you are E-6 and above you can view briefing online at
www.hood.army.mil/transportation/propbrief.aspx. Briefings are held twice a week two times a day at The Copeland Soldier Service Center Bldg. 18010 Rm. B114 on Wednesday @ 0900 and 1300 / Friday Rm. B114 @ 0900 and Rm. A111@1300.
2. Do I need my Orders or Clearing Papers to attend a Personal Property or DITY Briefing?
For the Personal Property Briefing: you do not need orders or clearing papers to attend( E-5 and below) or view Personal Property Briefing online(E-6 above).
3. Can I move my House Hold Goods without attending or viewing a Personal Property or DITY Briefing?
NO! All Active Components must attend or view a briefing to obtain approval for the movement of your property.
4. When can I get my personal property picked-up?
Normally...3 weeks from the time you turn in your paperwork and orders to the Transportation Office. It recommended that you turn your paper in 30 Days prior to your desired move dates.
5. What time can I expect the carrier to pick up my House Hold Goods (HHG)?
The Carrier will pick up any time between 8 AM and 5 PM. You or Your Representative ( 18 yrs or older designated by Power of Attorney or written statement) must be available at the residence during the entire period until they arrive . If You or Your Representative is not available an attempted pick up charge can be assessed at the Service Members or Civilian's expense and could cause a 3-5 day delay of movement of your HHG's.
6. Can I ship to a destination other than what is authorized on my orders?
Yes...However shipping to an other than authorized destination could result in excess cost which is an Out Of Pocket Expense to the service member or civilian. Your counselor will advise you of the possible cost.
7. Will the Government move my boat?
Boats under 14 FT with out trailers can be moved with HHG shipment.
8. Can I ship a Privately Owned Vehicle (POV) stateside?
No, unless it is under the below circumstances: