Severe Thunderstorms is forecast to occur on the Fort Hood Reservation. Damaging Winds greater than 45 kts. forecast value 45 kts. and/or DamagingHail greater than or equal to 1/2 in. forecast value 1 in.
INBOUND PERSONAL PROPERTY INFORMATION
1. Welcome to Fort Hood, Texas. The Installation Transportation Office, Personal Property staff is available to assist with your inbound processing and facilitate your smooth transition into the Fort Hood Community. We will order delivery of your personal property or cancel deliveries based on your communication with us.
2. If you are expecting the arrival of household goods or unaccompanied baggage just call the Inbound Team at 254-287-2200 option 1.
If no answer call 254-287-2200 option 2 to obtain the status of your shipment. You may also come into our office. Please provide the counselor with a correct phone number (duty or home) and complete address, street address, apartment address, quarters address or barracks address (building #, stack or wing, floor #, room #, front and side street names) so we can expedite delivery of your property. We will contact you as soon as your shipment arrives.
3. If your property has arrived and you are ready for delivery, you can make delivery arrangements the same way. Be sure you have the correct address (building number and room number for barracks). Delivery can usually be scheduled in three to seven workdays.
4. If your property has arrived and you do not yet have an address, your property will be held in temporary storage for up to 90 days (less any storage used at origin). An additional 90 days may be approved, but must be requested in writing, through our office. When delivery from storage is desired, call the Inbound Team at 254-287-2200 option 2.
5. Unpacking/Placement/Assembly. You are entitled to complete unpacking. If waiving any or all unpacking is to your advantage, you must sign a DD 619-1. Unpacked boxes and packing material will be removed from the residence by the carrier/agent when delivery is complete. Packers are not required to return to pick-up these items. You are authorized one time placement of your furniture. All items disassembled at origin by the carrier/agent (including German shrank) will be reassembled by the carrier/agent or a third party at a later date.
6. If there is any damage or missing property notify the moving company immediately. You must note damaged/missing items by inventory item number. You have 70 days from the date of delivery to turn in your claim to the carrier. If you have not received a response from the company within 30 days, contact the Fort Hood Claims Office is located in the Client Services Building, Bldg 13 (Room 162), on 52nd Street, across from IIIC HQs between Sharp (761st Tank Bn) & CID (Spt Ave), Fort Hood. Their phone numbers are (254) 287-2299 or 287-2599.
7. You are responsible to ensure that someone (you or an authorized agent) is at your delivery address from 0800-1700 on the date of delivery. Failure to be available on date of delivery may result in payment of attempted charges by the service member.
8.The Quality Assurance Team monitors preparation, movement and delivery of personal property by the TSP, local carrier or contractor. If you have any questions or complaints regarding the contractor/carrier service, damaged or loss of property call: (254) 287-6152. For assistance after normal duty hours please call the COC at 254-287-2520.