INSTALLATION STATUS: Open Protecting Fort Hood starts with you. If you see or hear anything suspicious, call 288-COPS (2677). Think....Protect...OPSEC!

Protecting Fort Hood starts with you. If you see or hear anything suspicious, call 288-COPS (2677). Think....Protect...OPSEC!


Transportation Corps Branch Insignia

The Personal Property Office is located in the Copeland Soldier Service Center, Building 18010, Room A104, Station 1, at the corner of Old Ironsides and Fort Hood Road on Fort Hood. We are here to help you meet your inbound or outbound moving needs and answer your questions.

Upon receipt of your orders, you should go to the website to register, login, and set up your move in the new Defense Personal Property System. If you cannot navigate the website or arrange the type of move you wish, you may bring a copy of your orders to us in Building 18010, Room 104, at our Front Desk. Instead, you may fax a copy to us at 287-5608, or you may scan and email a copy to us at You will be given information about your move, the process of moving and a briefing/appointment time if required. At your briefing/appointment, you will be provided with more detailed information and guidance regarding your move. Please make sure that you read the "It's Your Move" pamphlet for Military or the "It's Your Move" pamphlet for DoD Civilians. We have placed forms on the Outbound Personal Property Page of this website. This packet contains all of the documentation needed to do a move. The documents listed on this web page are also located on the following links:

Inbound Personal Property

Outbound Personal Property Briefing


First time movers must attend a Personal Property Briefing in person. All except first time movers may complete the documents on line, print and scan them, and attach them to an e-mail message and forward to, or print the completed documents, or print the documents, fill them out by hand and bring them with you to your briefing/appointment. If you prefer, you can go to Building 18010, Room 104, Front Desk, and pick up a packet

There are two basic methods of moving your personal property within the Department of Defense: a Government Arranged Move, or a Personally Procured Move (PPM, formerly DITY). There may also be storage entitlements that you need to be aware of.

Whether you just arrived at Fort Hood, are arriving soon, or are departing via retirement, change of duty station, or end of service, we are here to make your move as smooth and easy as possible. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact us through phone numbers provided on this website, through our email address, or in person.